Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blue Jeans, White Shirt

Yes, the title of this post is a lyric from a Lana Del Rey song, but it also encapsulates so much of my personal style.

Excuse me while I situate myself into this kind of post again. It has been ages since I've written about style. 

Where to begin...

If you do not know me already, allow me to tell you I have always, ALWAYS loved clothes.

It wasn't until college that I began experimenting way more with my personal style. I have gone through many, many phases. There are, of course, a few things that remain the same and therein lies my "personal" style. I crave classics. I love good, solid basics. As much fun as there is to have in the great big world of fashion, I will continue to gravitate toward neutral tones and flattering silhouettes until the day I die (and am buried in something Audrey Hepburn would approve of.) 

It is time for Spring, but Chicago has decided to resemble Fall for about a week now. I swear, this city and it's fickle weather will not let up. I NEED SUNSHINE ON MY PALE SKIN PLEASE.

What was I saying? Oh, right, it's Spring. Everyone loves a good Spring cleaning, am I right? Many people, myself included, like to clean out wardrobes/closets so that they can also have a big breath of fresh air. 

I've done a bit of shopping as of late, but I have not given much thought as to what my "style" should look like for the warmer months. I suppose being a bit effortless can look chic, or it just looks like I am not putting forth effort. Whatever. I like being effortless because over thinking anything stresses me out and thus makes me grumpy.

So, per usual, I will stick to my basics. I love them. I'm still on the hunt for a wonderful (and affordable) leather jacket and those perfect skinny jeans. Someday.

And in case I ever feel like I'm in a bit of a rut, I rely on Pinterest to show me what I can do differently with what I already have. Because although I do love shopping at stores like H&M and the like, I am deep down a thrifting person. I love thrift shopping for many reasons, but a big reason is that it is a lot easier on my budget. 

I think it would be fun to post images on here of what is inspiring me sartorially. I just might do that. 

Until next time,

Amelia  

No comments:

Post a Comment