Friday, May 23, 2014

Five Favorites No. 2

1. I found this article about a little boy who set up his own animal shelter. This kid is after my heart.

2. I think the Haim sisters are exactly what the music industry needed. I love everything about their debut album. Not only do they rock leather jackets on the reg, but they are ridiculously talented. Watch this video and try to tell me they aren't cool.


3. I recently found Ashley's blog through a photo on Pinterest and I just kept scrolling through her archive. I love everything about her style. And she might have one of the best jobs ever.

4. The Monadnock Building. I'm going to have to say that this is my favorite building in downtown Chicago. I have an affinity for old buildings. Like, I wouldn't mind living in a haunted Victorian home. That is beside the point. If you ever find yourself in The Loop, take a stroll through this building. I have been inside of it several times and the architecture never fails to amaze me. It was restored to it's original condition so basically it's like passing through a time warp.

5. This piece of writing titled "Tell The People You Love That You Love Them". I love her writing style and I love what she is conveying, particularly this part:

"But there is nothing more beautiful than being desperate.
And there is nothing more risky than pretending not to care.
We are young and we are human and we are beautiful and we are not as in control as we think we are. We never know who needs us back. We never know the magic that can arise between ourselves and other humans."
It made me so happy to read this. I do love being reckless and affectionate and alive. 
I hope everyone has a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend! 
Until next time,
Amelia 


No comments:

Post a Comment