Tuesday, May 13, 2014

If you can't hold on, then baby don't save me

I often talk about being a free spirit.  I like to think that there are people out there who feel as boundless and hopeful as I do.  Traditionally we are taught to think and behave the way others think and behave.  That simply never worked out for me.  I have a mind of my own and I like discussing different opinions and ideas with people.  I don't think everyone needs to agree in order to get along, but it is seldom you meet people that are your equal on the important levels.  I have been fortunate enough to meet people that have seen a deeper side of me.  Those relationships are something I will always cherish.  Maybe it's because I'm an INFJ (Maybe I should do a post on this too?), but I don't like the superficial things people rely on for discussion.  Meaningless talk can make me feel even more alone even though I'm with people. I have found that loners are typically not alone because they want to be, but because it is difficult for them to find people they can connect with.  But being alone is such a beautiful thing for people to learn.  I enjoy my solitude.  Being your own best friend can help you gain perspective on just how wonderful and important you are in this world.  You deserve time by yourself.   You deserve deep rooted and unconditionally loving relationships, including the one with yourself. 








Until next time,

Amelia 


Note: I think I may actually set up a loose schedule for this blog. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Music Monday", "Friday Favorites", etc. So.... we shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment