Monday, May 19, 2014

Myers Briggs Personality Type: INFJ

I took this personality test a couple of years ago because I enjoy figuring everyone, including myself, out. I like digging as deep as I possibly can. I like being able to make sense out of things. I like understanding people better so that I can show them kindness and patience. Once I found out what my type was, I began googling like crazy. I agreed with 100% of the information I found. I couldn't even pretend to be skeptical because all of the descriptions were accurate. Even the things I never talk about were accurate. I wondered how it was possible. I'm really into this. It helped me feel a lot more understood. So, without further ado, my personality type explained:

I -- Introverted

N -- Intuitive 

F -- Feeling

J -- Judging 

Allow me to elaborate...

The nickname for this particular personality type is "The Counselor" or "The Protector". It is the rarest of all 16 personality types, adding up to approximately 1% of the world's population. Which leads to the personality description...

As I was saying, INFJ's often feel misunderstood. I can relate to this a million times over. I have often felt like an outsider. I only open up to people once I feel I can trust them. Though I am guarded, I am actually very warm and gentle with people. Some might say I care "too much", but I can't help it. I'm highly intuitive, so much that I often experience premonitions. It's pretty spooky. I live inside my head most of the time. I am my own worst enemy. I have high expectations of myself and others. All I ever want is to help people.

I found this blog post regarding how to love an INFJ. All of the points mentioned are true, but #1, #4, #9, and #17 really stuck out to me. I read them and immediately felt like it was written about me. And of course #20 is very, very true. :)

I encourage you to figure out your personality type. It's so revealing that it kind of freaks me out. You can find out more information about all 16 types here. If you know yours, leave it in the comment section.

Until next time,

Amelia







1 comment:

  1. Tried to make a comment here earlier, but I think it disappeared somewhere into cyber space.. Anyway, I found your blog while looking through one billion Google search results on the INFJ type (I'm one too!) and I have to say that I think your blog is so lovely and I really like this post (and the other ones aswell) very, very much :)

    Greetings from Sweden!

    ReplyDelete