Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Reflections

I have been in an incredibly reflective mood lately. This usually happens when I take the time to do something out of my every day routine, when I'm reminded just how human I am, when I can't sleep because my thoughts decide to run wild. I try very hard to live in the present moment, but I think it's safe to assume that I will never fully accomplish that. I think and I feel far too much to ever be just "in the moment" for more than a moment. So I'm sorry Eckhart Tolle, but I will continue to struggle to stay in the Now for as long as I live. I'm okay with it.

But there are those fleeting moments that I will always cherish. Moments shared with others. Moments I've had alone. I think it is wise to jot down some of the little things that have happened so that if I ever feel like I'm getting pulled into a memory lane that is, well, not necessarily constructive, I can switch gears and remember the good things instead.

I would post a list on here, but I'm a little too reserved with those kinds of things. I do find images that remind me of certain things though. Isn't it always true that a picture is worth a thousand words? I don't know if that is true, but I do know that certain photos strike a chord in me and let me slip into a minute of nostalgia. Here are some I've found that have done that...












I found all of these images on Pinterest, so I don't have any of the original sources. My apologies!

Until next time,

Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment