Monday, May 26, 2014

Top 10 Makeup Favorites

I have been obsessed with makeup since...well...forever. I used to dig through my mom's collection when I was little, twisting up lipsticks and swatching eye shadow colors. I always enjoyed seeing what my friends were trying and browsing the makeup aisle at every store I went to. I used to buy lipstick from a store called Afterthoughts and keep it in my backpack during summer camp. You know, like, frosted purple lipstick. I learned how to apply fake eyelashes because of dance. I learned that I actually really like scary, smudged eye makeup because of modeling. Sometimes I want to look like a vampire. It's fine.

Okay, I know this sounds incredibly materialistic and superficial. I am all too aware of how out of control the beauty industry can become. However, I still enjoy makeup. I think there is a freedom in choosing the way you want to look, with or without it. I am constantly collecting pictures from runway shows. Seriously, look at this Pinterest board. I can't stop fantasizing about blue eyebrows and glitter. I am a woman possessed. 

Some days I don't wear any makeup at all because I simply cannot be bothered. Most days, I stick to a pretty "natural" face. Except it's not natural because you know I'm fillin' in these eyebrows. Anyway, I want to share some of my favorite products of all time with you. These are products I have repurchased or plan to repurchase. I use the majority of these products every day. 


U.D. Naked 2 palette w/ brush (I also have the original Naked palette.) | Sephora Sol de Rio bronzer | Real Techniques Blush brush and Expert Face brush | MAC lipstick in Twig | NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu | U.D. Naked Skin foundation in shade 0.5 | Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter | Milani Eye Tech Extreme eyeliner | Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown 

The biggest bronzer I have ever seen. Also the best bronzer I have ever used.


I use these brushes every single day. Hence why they look so filthy here.


A close up of my first and only MAC lipstick. 


I would really like to post more beauty related things on here. Hopefully you enjoyed this. I know I did. :)

Until next time,

Amelia



No comments:

Post a Comment