Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WCW: Maya Angelou

WCW is a thing. It is a thing I appreciate and subscribe to. If you are unfamiliar with this acronym, it stands for Woman Crush Wednesday. What is a woman crush? To me, it's the realization that there is so much to love about so many different women. Today I'm dedicating my WCW to Maya Angelou because she is one of my favorite writers and human beings.



Phenomenal Woman is one of my very favorite poems.

Maya was born in 1928. She faced adversity her entire life. Her strength, confidence, and gentleness inspire me on a regular basis. I wish I could give her a hug, I really do. She is exactly the kind of writer that I wish I could call up on the phone once I'm finished reading their work. I imagine having a conversation with her would leave me with a fuller heart. What an enchanting lady.

"When you learn, teach. When you get, give."


Until next time,

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment