Friday, May 2, 2014

What Inspires You?

"What did you do as a child that made the hours pass like minutes? Herein lies the key to your earthly pursuits." - Carl Jung

What a profound thought. The idea that the things that provided pure joy for us when we were children are quite possibly the very same things that will bring us pure joy as adults. As I type this out the concept seems pretty obvious, but it is true that many people lose touch with the little things that bring them joy as they grow older. Not to worry though because you are reading this now and I am here to tell you that you have absolutely no obligation to do what people expect of you. Read that sentence again.

You have every right to live the life you dream about.

Now, before you think about doing anything drastic please keep in mind we all have responsibilities to uphold. This is an inevitable part of life. However, I have learned that if you get creative and get a little gutsy, you can change things in your life so that you do feel more satisfied and joyful. I guess I just hate to see people feel "stuck" in their current situation. With some motivation and initiative, anything can change. 

Back to the whole point of this post...

I have always had a huge, wild imagination. I always played pretend as a child, endlessly entertained for hours. This trait has carried into my young adulthood. I'm always thinking of something to daydream about, to create, etc. I hope that this trait never goes away because I love cultivating my creativity.

A few things that make me very excited about life are making things with my hands, writing, taking photographs, and interacting with new people (and animals). I am on a personal mission to incorporate all of the things that make me happy into my life on a daily basis and maybe, possibly make a living at it. So, I sit here and wonder what inspires others? Not everyone is the "creative type". What gets other people excited in their life?  

Until next time,

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment