Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Makeup Inspiration: The 1990s

It seems to me that the 1990s is a constant source of inspiration. I have witnessed it being cycled back into music and fashion over the past few years. I'm not surprised because the 90s definitely had some very cool moments, especially where style is concerned. I was born near the end of 1990, which means I was lucky enough to grow up with the Spice Girls, butterfly clips, and Dunkaroos. I also remember a childhood that didn't have internet, and when we did finally have it, it was located in what was once called "the computer room". I gathered inspiration from images I found in magazines, music videos, and CD art. In fact, the first CD I ever bought was a Spice Girls album. I still have it.

                           
My first exposure to the word "feminism" and my role models to this day. GIRL POWER!

No matter how different things may be today, the 1990s beauty trends still tug at my heart strings. I never venture far from the smokey eye and nude/brown/pink (what?) lip colors I know and adore. I just want to look like an extra from the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, OKAY?

I want to be just like you when I grow up.

And so, without further ado, some ladies from the 1990s who were (and still are) my beauty icons.







 Not to mention TLC, Destiny's Child, Fiona Apple, Aaliyah, Kate Moss... the list just goes on.

I don't know what it is about this particular moment in the beauty world that has me so infatuated. I won't chalk it up to nostalgia because I genuinely enjoy when my makeup looks like this. I don't know, I guess I like what I like and that's all there is to it. Does anyone else still rock this look? Or are you more influenced by another era? Leave a comment if you want letting me know what you're into!

Until next time,

Amelia
I totally had these. And body glitter. So much body glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment