Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WCW: Claire Marshall

Everybody seems to know about YouTube. It's a great place to find How To videos or, most importantly, videos about cats. Recently there has been a huge growth in people joining the YouTube community, referred to as "vloggers" or "beauty gurus", posting videos of their daily lives, shopping habits, and beauty tips. Just search MAC dupes and you are bound to find endless amounts of videos. I have subscribed to many channels over the past few years, but there are only a handful that I keep track of. Like, I actually get excited when I see that one of these people has posted a new video. One of these special YouTubers is Claire Marshall.

This is Claire. She's so pretty.

Like, really pretty.

Claire has a very distinct style with everything she does. Her videos are always creative. Just check out this look book she did. Her style is always, always so good.


Even her Instagram account is stylish.


 Her tattoos are beautiful. Look at them. LOOK AT THEM.



I found Claire's channel very randomly one day almost two years ago. I clicked the link to a video where she talks about her tattoos and I immediately subscribed to her channel. I also may have watched, like, five other videos in a row that she had posted. She was still just beginning her channel at this point, working as a freelance make up artist, but I knew that she was going to be a big deal. Now she is doing YouTube as a full time job and has gained an incredible amount of recognition for her channel. If you watch any of her videos you will see why. She pays attention to detail, edits beautifully, provides original content, and adds creativity to everything she does. She kind of goes above and beyond and it is admirable. If you don't get what the big deal is about YouTubers, let me just say seeing someone like Claire pursue an out of the ordinary job has been very inspirational for me. She's carved a path that has suited her and she continues to do what she likes. She's a hustler. She also has a black cat (my favorite animal) named Bruce Lee. This little guy has his own fan base, and how could he not? Just look at him.

He's so cute.


I had the pleasure of meeting Claire last August when she visited Chicago. She was just as down to earth and funny as I knew she would be. She posted the picture below to her Instagram account and I about did a back flip out of excitement. 


 Needless to say, I really admire Claire. She has built a career for herself and has remained humble and true to herself throughout the entire process. I think my favorite thing about her is that she keeps it real. She is a genuine person with a great sense of humor and a heart of gold. She's exactly the kind of girl you want to be friends with. I'm always excited to see what she will do next. :)

From the meet up at the bean.


You can find Claire on YouTube, TwitterInstagram, and her blog.




Until next time,

Amelia 



1 comment:


  1. This is such a lovely post! Claire is one of my favorite Youtuber's and a such an inspiration. So cool that you got to meet her :]

    Smile a little :]

    ReplyDelete