Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Easy, Every Day Makeup (Tutorial)

I don't know when my love for makeup became "a thing" because I hardly ever wore it until I was about 19 or so. I remember asking my mom if I was wearing too much eyeliner when I was, in fact, wearing hardly any. Now I know that when I'm wearing eyeliner it probably is too much but I really don't care. However, there are days when I don't want to be all dramatic. I want to look a little pulled together despite my laziness or tardiness, so I have kind of come up with a bit of a routine that helps me look like I didn't just roll out of bed.

I think there is something to be said for applying makeup to look like you are not wearing any. Now, some people could argue that you could simply not wear any at all and, of course, that is true. But typically when I walk out of the house sans makeup there is always at least one person who tells me I look tired. Gee, thanks. This is how my face looks, it's just my face.

And so, I put a little bit of effort in to look a bit more awake and refreshed. I made a (gasp) video tutorial on what I do in the morning when I'm running late/feeling tired/just need to look like a person. Hopefully you gain some tips or maybe you just want to know what I look like without a lick of makeup on. That's cool, too.
Hint: I have a baby face.

As much as I like the magical powers of makeup, I also like my face exactly how it is in it's natural state. Even if I do look tired. I probably AM tired! I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though I love and talk about makeup on the reg, I love the way people look exactly as they are in their natural state. To me, there is nothing more beautiful or endearing than someone being who they truly are.

I hope you enjoy this video! If you like it, let me know and maybe I can do another one sometime.




Until next time,
Amelia




No comments:

Post a Comment