Friday, July 11, 2014

Five Favorites No. 4

1. No surprise here, but I've been listening to Lana Del Rey a lot lately. Since I purchased her latest album, I've been taking a stroll down memory lane with each album she's released. Something tells me I'll be listening to the Born To Die vinyl a lot this weekend. Anyway, I particularly love her cover of Leonard Cohen's Chelsea Hotel No 2. Also, I desperately want to see this woman's record collection.


2. How is it I've never seen this photo before? Funny Face is one of my favorite films because it stars both Audrey AND Fred Astaire. Look at them being silly together. Priceless.


3. Alexa Chung's "It" has inspired me a lot lately with my own writing and illustrations. Here is a cuddly selfie with the book I posted to my Instagram not too long ago. I enjoyed reading this and understanding a bit more about someone I admire. I just really like seeing inside the mind of someone creative.



4. I found a new makeup artist to obsess over. Her name is Heidi Hamoud and she is from down unda'. From what I understand, she is a self taught artist and has been doing free lance work for only a short amount of time. Though she is young and new to the game, she is incredibly talented. She posts pictures of her creations to Instagram regularly. She also has a YouTube channel where she posts a lot of tutorials, in case you're interested. And because I like to utilize every opportunity available to look like a vampire, here is her tutorial on how to achieve a vampy look. Excellent.





5. The fact that a lot of big things are coming up. My birthday is in less than a month. I plan to treat myself to some new books or records or something. So many life changes are about to occur. Stay tuned.

Until next time,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment