Thursday, July 17, 2014

personal space

A lot of kids play video games or whatever, but I used to collect magazine clippings for fun. I have touched on this topic briefly before when I wrote about my old journals, but I never really did mention the fact that I used to tear apart and save every Pottery Barn catalog that came into my possession. I would choose all of my favorite rooms from each catalog and then assemble collections into imaginary homes. I am completely serious about this. I had the strangest hobbies when I was little, but they have developed into productive interests as a young adult so I guess it all turned out okay.

When I first applied to college, I enrolled into the Interior Design program. I took a class in high school and fell in love with drawing blue prints. I am a carpenter's daughter, so that may have something to do with it. Regardless, I still enjoy home design and home decorating. Considering I am kind of a hermit crab, having a cozy home is something I value greatly. I have moved at least once a year for the last six or so years and before that I moved quite a lot throughout my childhood. I have no qualms about moving from place to place because it excites me to be able to decorate a brand new environment. I have lived in some amazing apartments. One was this little attic number with slanted ceilings and shelves already built into the walls. My bed frame was too big to fit up the stairs, so I ended up sleeping on only a mattress and my room was so cozy and zen that way. I also lived in this adorable studio with hardwood floors. I miss that studio so much.

I joke about continuing to move at least every two years from here on out, but deep down I secretly hope I find a home to settle into one day. Maybe some haunted Victorian mansion or an old wooden cabin. Who knows where I'll end up. In the mean time, I daydream about my own spaces from the past and all those to come. I thought I would share some images of homes that really stand out to me and reflect the kind of aesthetics I enjoy. Most of these are from my Pinterest account, but a lot of them are also from my Tumblr account. Go ahead and follow me there if you want! Now for a little eye candy for anyone who loves homes as much as I do.

I have been infatuated with this bedroom for years. 
I have a thing for small spaces and book collections. 
Not to mention the Dylan poster. 
Ugh, I just want to exist here.













I saw this same rose in a flea market in Florida. 









Until next time,
Amelia




No comments:

Post a Comment