Saturday, September 20, 2014

Favorite Fall Nail Polishes

We all have that one thing in our daily routine that helps us feel more put together. For some people, it might be a really nice watch or the right pair of shoes. For me, it's freshly painted nails. I'm guilty of owning way, way too many bottles of nail polish. I had to purge over half of my collection because I realized how ridiculous I was being. I still have more than the average person, but I do paint my own nails and I paint them often. Doing my nails may seem like I'm just looking for an excuse to be lazy (maybe), but it's also a time for me to focus on a small task when I have a lot on my mind. I genuinely enjoy the process. 

I thought I would share with you some of my favorite nail colors for this time of year. I've always been particularly drawn to dark nail colors, especially dark purple, but I have six different colors to show you today. 

Off center, but you get the idea.

And yes, I did actually paint my nails 6 times for this post. 



O.P.I. "Live and Let Die"
It's a deep forest green shade with small gold shimmer flecks. 
It appears black, but upon further examination, you see how green it is. 




NYC "Plaza Plumberry"

Dark purple nails have been a thing for me for a long, long time. 
I've tried several shades from different brands, 
but this one is lovely with a great formula and an even better price point. 


 (This is where I was supposed to swatch Sinful Colors "Aubergine", 
but I did a horrible job painting it on. 
The formula is very wet, so beware when you go to paint your nails. 
Use more caution than I did. Obviously.)



China Glaze "Below Deck"
The newest addition to my nail polish collection and already a huge favorite. 
Dusty purple is one of my favorite colors of all time and 
I had been looking for a shade like this for some time. 
I'm glad I found it. Also, this is an incredibly easy formula to work with.



Essie "Ladylike"

I bought this bottle ages ago and have worn it so much that I need to buy another bottle. 
It's a lovely dusty pink/blush color that flatters and suits whatever I'm wearing. I love it so much.



Revlon "Elegant"

Elegant indeed. I feel like such a proper person when I'm wearing this. 
It is the complete opposite of the dark colors I'm usually sporting, 
but it's also nice to have a bit of change. A great neutral.

*Bonus* 
O.P.I. Nail Envy can be esspensive, but it's worth it. 
I do not have naturally strong nails, but this stuff really works.
I've tried the regular formula, but I've found the matte version
helps my poor nails the best. They are stronger now and
grow a lot faster. It's worth checking out.


So there you have it, some of my very favorite nail polishes that I own and wear often. What are your favorite shades for fall? Any recommendations so that I can have an excuse to buy more nail polish? I mean...what?

Until next time,
Amelia


No comments:

Post a Comment