Friday, September 12, 2014

My Favorite "MLBB" Lip Products

There is an acronym for the exact shade of lipstick I'm always on the hunt for. "MLBB": My Lips, But Better. I equate this with any shade that has that great pink/brown/nude quality that can't quite be defined. So 90's, so perfect. I thought I would share some that I own and love. I will go into detail about each one so you can get a better idea of which ones you might like.



Now, upon first glance you might be thinking to yourself that these all look like the same color. And... that's kind of true. Being the makeup enthusiast I am, I can totally justify owning five lip products in the same color family. It's because they are different! I promise! The colors are slightly different, the formulas are different, the finishes are different, and I'm telling you these things matter in terms of makeup. 

Do you see the differences? I know you do.



My absolute favorite is this little baby right here. MAC's "Twig" is what I wear most often. It's a satin finish, so it's kind of matte, but not really. It's more on the dark pink side and it smells delicious. 



NYX Butter Glosses are a huge thing right now. I'm not huge on lip gloss in general, because my hair gets stuck in it, but this formula is something I can work with. They smell amazing, they stay on pretty well, and this color is my favorite. 



Revlon Lip Butters had a moment. They are a nice alternative to lipsticks because they are a lot creamier and they don't make your lips dry out the way some lipsticks can. The finish is a lot shinier, but I don't think they last as long on the lips as a traditional lipstick. It is, however, a nice alternative for those who don't like to spend a lot of time applying lip products. Swipe and go.


It's almost embarrassing how long I've owned this Revlon Lip Stain. It's so easy to use and it stains my lips so I don't have to reapply all that often. Brilliant. It's a lot more pink than the other products, but the more you apply the darker it gets.



This Rimmel lipstick first enticed me because it's a part of the Kate Moss line. Can't help it. However, this lipstick is lovely and it is very affordable. I believe these are under $5. The finish is satin and it also leans toward the pink side, just like MAC's Twig. I'm not saying it could pass as a dupe or anything, but it is very  nice all on it's own. 

So, 9 times out of 10 I am wearing the MAC lipstick, but I do like all of these formulas for different reasons and seasons. Does anyone have any other MLBB suggestions I should look into? 

Until next time,
Amelia





No comments:

Post a Comment